A Girl Named Zippy

Maybe I've mentioned this before in a past post, but A Girl Named Zippy is my all-time favorite book. I re-read it, or parts of it, at least once every three or four months and let me tell you why. Although the narrative is written from the perspective of a young girl, and there were obviously some serious challenges going on in her home throughout her childhood, she grew into a stubbornly, delightfully happy person.

This book is one of the best testaments that hard things in life don't necessarily have to make us hard! For me, Zippy has become a sort of antidote to self-pity. Whenever I feel like the hard things about my life are making me hard, I sink into a bubble bath and read Zippy until I find my sense of humor again.

Do you have a book that is your Zippy?

Comments

  1. I Love this book too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Zippy. Pride and Prejudice (the incomparable Jane), Frederica (Georgette Heyer)and lately, The Willoughby's (Lois Lowry). I must need to laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts