Hot Fudge Deliciousness

Photo Credit

This is my Aunt Carol's recipe and I've adopted it as my own. It has a long refridgerator shelf life, and I love having it on hand. When friends drop by I can say, "Do you want a hot fudge sundae?" No stress, no mess. If you have on-hand recipe ideas that you keep around for last minute entertaining I would love to hear about them. 

Hot Fudge Sauce:
½ cups cocoa (sift if it looks lumpy in the can)
4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 c butter
2 cans of evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla

Sift your powdered sugar and cocoa. Don’t skip that step or you’ll have lumpy hot fudge. Melt butter in medium sauce pan. Add cocoa, powdered sugar, and milk. Bring it to a boil and let it boil for 8 minutes. Keep it at a slow boil/simmer the entire time and stir it constantly to prevent scorching. When the 8 minutes is up, remove from heat, add vanilla and serve. Store it in a jar and it will keep in your fridge for a long time.

Bon Appetit! 


Comments

Popular Posts