- Clean my whole house top to bottom
- Take down my Christmas decorations
- Get everyone into bed earlier so we are fresh and ready to go back to school
- Spend some time with my sister who is here from Chicago, including a fab girl's night out to go eat my favorite beignets
- Cook a splendidly delicious breakfast for my sister and my family every morning because deep down I feel like there is a June Cleaver part of me that wants to make waffles and homemade buttermilk syrup at six-thirty in the morning.
- Eat healthier...except for number four...oh, and number five on above list. What I'm actually trying to say is that this was the week I planned to stop eating peppermint bark for breakfast.
In reality my Start the New Year Off Right list change a little bit and I did this instead:
So, here I am ringing in the New Year from my couch with the irritating glow of Christmas lights reminding me every ten seconds that there is a whole list of things I wanted to do this week, but instead I'm watching Friends re-runs and trying not to remember all the extended family members who will be arriving on my doorstep any moment. Oh well, it's not a family reunion if someone isn't puking and leaving all the other mothers feeling hysterical with worry that their family will be next.
Happy New Year!