Followers

image credit
Today I'm writing about how becoming a blog follower can make a huge difference in an aspiring writer's career. Some of you may be well versed in this cyber phenomenon, but for those who are not, please allow me a moment to explain.

Every time I send my work off to agents or magazines in attempt to write for publication I sign my name to the query letters with a hyperlink to my blog listed directly below. My blog is my portfolio, a window for editors and agents to see who I am and what I can do. One of the things that a curious agent or editor might check is to see how many readers follow my blog, offering them a rough estimate of the number of people who might be interested in reading my published work. Writer's Digest has a lot to say about cultivating an online readership, suggesting that a decent blog following is one of the flags that inspires agents and publishers to sit up and pay attention.

I've got a long way to go in developing my readership and probably even longer in developing my craft. But if you are a recurring visitor to my blog and you enjoy my work, please show your support by clicking the Join This Site button in the lower right hand margin.

Thank you for your support!





Comments

Popular Posts