It Happens Every Year



Pinterest Credit
Kate's teacher wrote the following message in an end-of-the-year farewell email a few days ago. Sniff sniff! I love teachers. I love teachers who put their heart into their work, and so many of them do! Thank you to Mrs. Halborg for being exactly the right teacher for my daughter this year. We love you. 

It happens every year.  The growing older.  The leaving.  The saying goodbye.  
Teaching is a funny business that way.  You pour your heart and soul in to each child and give it everything you've got, and then ten months later, they walk out the door.  Even after all these years, I'm still not used to it.  It's yeah-sob-yeah-sob-yeah-sob-yeah!

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to get to know you and the honor of entrusting me with your child each day.  We learned so much from each other!  I can only hope I've been able to make as much of a positive impact on their lives as they have on mine.  

Although they are leaving second grade for third, then fourth, then the rest of their lives, my door remains open to them, and you, for whatever you need.  My heart is full with all my students!  They are stuck there permanently.  
To close, I'll steal a quote I recently saw from Winnie the Pooh--"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

Comments

Popular Posts